Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Yesterday was a wonderful Mother's day. Madeline and Bri woke me with a wonderful card from Madeline and Bri had her say Happy Mother's day to me. It was adorable. Then they let me sleep in for awhile and made me breakfast and gave me a Detroit Tiger's decal for my new car and a new Inge t-shirt since i have apparently lost my old one. We spent the day laying around and vegging out. Brian and i even got a game of bags in while Maddy napped. Then for dinner Brian prepared my favorite meal of red skinned potatoes with grilled salmon. YUM YUM! Even treated ourselves with a little dairy queen during the red wings game. By the way, GO WINGS!! A perfect day with my two favorite people. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and such a beautiful daughter. How did i ever get so lucky!
Today i begin my training regimen for the Sept 13th Chicago half marathon. i am really excited to start logging some miles for a cause and not just to keep the dairy queen off my thighs:) Wish me luck! We also have our first official Kickball practice this Friday as well. It's that time of year again and this year we will be competing as the mighty "Bayside Tigers". Yes, it's a throwback to that good ol show Saved by the Bell. I can't wait. It's such a nice way to end out a crazy work week with good friends, good beverages and some good competitive athletic competition.
Hope all you mother's out there had a great mother's day and have an excellent week!!

No comments: